UMH is no longer administering COVID-19 vaccines to the public. Please CLICK HERE to find a vaccination or booster location near you.
The CDC currently advises you’ll need a booster shot if you are...
- Actively receiving cancer treatment
- A transplant recipient
- HIV Positive
- Taking high-dose corticosteroids
Vaccine FAQs/En Español: Preguntas Frecuentes sobre la Vacuna Contra el COVID
Patients that meet qualifications for testing for COVID-19 will be directed through the testing process by their physician’s office. Individuals should not report to the hospital's emergency room without consulting with their physician first, or calling the emergency room prior to their arrival. If testing is needed, the patient will be given instructions by their physician or the emergency room. If you complete COVID-19 testing with UMH, visit our uHealth Patient Portal here for your results:
COVID-19 Pandemic Visitor Guidelines
[UPDATED EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 1, 2021]
The following guidelines are to be used consistently for patients, visitors and vendors when handling COVID-19 surges as they present themselves. We greatly appreciate the community's support and patience as we continue to take additional precautions to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in our area.
PATIENTS, VISITORS, & VENDORS: You can now complete your fast and easy screening process up to 12 hours prior to your arrival. Scan the QR code below to get started.
GREEN STATUS: When the positivity rate in Uvalde County is below 5%:
- Visitation hours will be 8am to 6pm.
- All visitors will be screened before entering the facility. No children under 12 years of age.
- Visitors will be required to wear a mask when entering the hospital and walking the hallways. Bandanas, gaiters, or masks with valves are not permitted.
- Vendors will report to screening area and director/manager will be notified.
YELLOW STATUS: When the positivity rate in Uvalde County is 5%-10%:
Visitation: Same as GREEN STATUS above, and in addition:
- One single designated visitor per patient per day. When visitor leaves the hospital for any reason, they will not be allowed to return until the next day.
- Visitors will be required to stay in the room of the patient they are visiting.
- Visitors, vendors/reps, or anyone present for community educational trainings will be allowed into the cafeteria.
- Vendors will be required to wear an N95 mask.
RED STATUS: When the positivity rate in Uvalde County exceeds 10%:
Visitation: Same as YELLOW STATUS above, and in addition:
- No vendors will be allowed, unless granted special permissions.
- No visitors allowed in the cafeteria.
NOTE AT ALL LEVELS:
Support person exceptions may be considered for special circumstances such as pediatrics, physical disabilities, cognitive impairments, or end-of-life patients. These support persons will be screened and tested according to the guidelines listed above. House supervisors will grant these exceptions with administrative approval.
Other COVID-19 Resources
- Patient and Visitor Information
- Patient Resources
- Facility Specifics