We recommend you visit the following sites to find accredited health related resources on certain diagnosis, illnesses, and injuries:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- US National Library of Medicine
- Family Practice/Medicine
- Mayo Clinic
- Kids Health
- Heart Health
- Diabetes Health
- Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine
- Make sure your physician is aware of all medications you are taking. Take all of your medications with you to each physician appointment or to the hospital.
- Make sure your physician is aware of any allergies or adverse reactions.
- Ask for information about your medication in terms you can understand. Ask your physician as well as your pharmacist.
- When receiving medications, make sure you know the name of the medication you are receiving and why you are receiving it.
- If you have any questions about your medications be sure to ask the physician, the nurse, or your pharmacist.
- Ask your physician why a test, treatment, or lab is being done.
- Follow up with the physician about your results.
- Ask questions about what your results indicate.
- Ask questions about your diagnosis.
- Speak up if you have concerns or questions.
The above links, safeguards, and recommendations are for informational purposes only and do not constitute medical advice; the content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this, or any, website.
In the event of a medical emergency, call a doctor or 911 immediately. Uvalde Memorial Hospital does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned here. Reliance on any information provided by this website is solely at your own risk.
- Patient and Visitor Information
- Patient Resources
- Facility Specifics