Your healthcare is a cooperative effort among you, your physician and the hospital staff. In addition to your rights, it is expected you will assume the following responsibilities to the best of your abillity.
- Following the hospital rules as explained to you.
- Providing a complete and accurate medical history when requested.
- Participating in developing your treatment plan and educational opportunities.
- Following the treatment plan recommended by your physician.
- Notifying the physician or other health professionals if you should decide not to follow the recommended treatment plan.
- The outcome should you choose not to follow the recommended treatment plan.
- Telling the physician or nurse if you do not understand the recommended treatment plan.
- Reporting changes in your condition to your physician or nurse.
- Discussing pain management with your physician or nurse.
- Making your needs and wishes know to your physician or nurse.
- Providing a copy of your Advance Directive to the hospital.
- Following the hospital’s visitor policy.
- Being considerate of other patients, hospital staff, and property.
- Observing the hospital’s no smoking policy.
- Assuring all financial obligations for your health care are met.
- Providing correct insurance information to the hospital.