- Post-hospital arrangements including home care services, rehabilitation care, and medical equipment
- Assist with completion of advance directives/living wills
- Screening for financial assistance and referrals to financial assistance programs
- On-site Medicaid eligibility worker
- Screening for medication programs through the pharmaceutical companies
- Assistance with application for Social Security Disability benefits
- Referrals for counseling services
- Referrals for community services such as transportation, prescription assistance, and emergency food and shelter
This year, Social Services is also able to assist the public in applying for Medicare Part D (Prescription Drug Plan) benefits.
Learn more about our Medication Assistance Program.
Patient safety, confidentiality and satisfaction are hospital-wide priorities.
Due to the sensitive nature of data collected by the department, the team takes great care to provide a confidential, safe place for the public to come to find solutions to their problems. As a preliminary security measure, the patient’s identity is confirmed each time he or she contacts the office. Team members ensure they have permission to speak to a patient’s family members before releasing any information to them.
The Social Services department is here to help you. Contact them at (830) 278-6251 ext. 1308 for more information.