Uvalde Memorial Hospital Cardiac Rehabilitation is Certified through the American Association of Cardio-Vascular and Pulmonary Rehab. We provide an individualized treatment program to help patients improve cardiovascular strength and endurance, as well as adopt a healthier lifestyle.
Our professional staff evaluates each patient and coaches them in appropriate physical activity, healthy eating, stress management, diabetes control, medication compliance, and smoking cessation.
Outpatient Cardiac Rehab programs are generally covered by most insurances with the following medial conditions:
- Cardiac surgery such as coronary bypass or valve replacement
- Heart Transplant
- Systolic or Ventricular Heart Failure
- Heart attach
- Stable Angina with recent stress test
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with or without stent placement
Benefits of Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Reduce risk of death, hospitalization, and heart attack by 30% or more.
- Prevent further damage to the blood vessels of the heart
- Reduce physical and emotional effects of heart disease
- Improve stamina, strength, and return to your daily activities (work, hobbies, household chores)
- Improve confidence and well being
- Reduce the effects high cholesterol and diabetes have on the heart by remaining compliant with medication, diet, exercise, and health living choices