Palliative care focuses on the physical, psychological, and spiritual needs of patients and their loved ones who are living with life-limiting illnesses.
Palliative care can be provided at any stage of illness and integrated with all other medical treatments. Providing comfort, preserving dignity and promoting quality of life are all important to our team. The palliative care team is here for you if you need answers, relief, expertise, and individualized care.
Palliative care may be especially helpful if you:
- Have a serious, life-limiting illness such as heart failure, advanced lung disease, cancer, AIDS, liver or kidney problems, neurological disease, or dementia
- Have significant discomfort
- Are seriously ill and facing questions about the future
- Are confused about your medical conditions and choices
- Treatment to relieve pain and other symptoms
- Emotional and spiritual support
- Excellent communication and coordination of care
- Assistance and support treatment choices and decisions
- Help in planning for care after the hospital
For additional information on our Palliative Care team, please contact (830) 278-6691.